AmigaActive (1821/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:28 May 2000 at 22:24:11
Subject:Re: serious problem -need answer quick :)

Robbin Van Ooy said,

> There's going to be a section about music, in here we would like to have an
> option to enable
> the user to listen to some music (on demand, that is) but Im not sure what
> tag we should use.

> The BGSOUND, the Embed, or perhaps javasript? (we prefer not to use the
> latter, for obvious reasons)

BGSOUND plays the sound when the page loads. EMBED is a bit crap, OBJECT
is better, but these will also play the sound automatically. To play on
demand, you only need the A tag.

You could use an IMG within the A tag if you wanted a graphical button
to press for the sound.

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

Oxymoron: Clearly Misunderstood.